|8 Easy To Use Self Tanning Products With Swatches|
If you are after a rich tan to transform you into becoming an island goddess this is the post for you. With today's bronzing beauty technologies, you are safe to do it at your home without the harmful rays of the sun. I did my best to handpick products that I find are the most people friendly; As we do appreciate the convenience to use products in the comfort of our own homes!
Before using fake tan there are 4 Golden Rules, you can follow for better results.
- Exfoliate to leave skin smooth and silky.
- Using an Applicator Mitt.
- Shake the self tanner bottle, so the liquid mixes together evenly.
- Apply the self tanner to the entire body in long sweeping movements.
Apply and exfoliate to smooth skin prior to applying tan.
- St Tropez Tan Optimiser Body Polish: Apply, polish and exfoliate by using this Tan Optimiser Body Polish, essentially will improve look and feel of tan by smoothing the skin prior to self tan application. Keep in mind, regular polishing also helps the tan fade evenly. This works wonders, especially if you made a mistake with your tan; For example, if you got some excess tan on your hands, just apply, rub softly with your hand or glove and the tan should gradually become removed. St Tropez Tan Optimiser Body Polish contains fluorescent glitter particles that will add to your tan as well as tiny granules that will exfoliate the top of your skin.
7 Self Tanning BronzersFor this review I swatched 7 different bronzers. Pictured From left to right: St Tropez Instant Glow Mousse, Santorini Sun Body Shimmer Cream, Sportsgirl Wash Off Bronzer, Garnier Ambre Solaire 24 Hour Tinted Moisturising Gel, Santorini Sun Gradual Tan Moisturiser, Le Tan Fast Tan Instant Foaming Mousse, and Australis Face & Body Tint.
24 Hour Wash Off Bronzer is applied to dry skin, reapplied at any time and can be washed off in the shower. Most wash off bronzers contain shimmer and moisturisation properties for a natural instant glowing glamour to enhance your tan luminosity specially formulated for your body and face.
For those of us who dabble into the bronzed world, I recommend starting off with a 24 Hour Wash of Bronzer specifically one with added shimmer particles, as they are most fun to work with. If you want something more stronger use a 24 Hour mousse that will soak into your skin for those important occasions like when your on a date or a formal. And if you want picture perfect skin us a body/face tint as it acts like makeup.
- St Tropez Instant Glow Mousse: The foam based mouse makes it easy to apply with a no mess concept. It is a light-weight deep bronze coloured mousse that soaks into your skin delivering an exceptionally smooth, instant, golden glow. It is great to be used for important events like formals or weddings, where you wish your tan to look real, and it won't transfer onto your expensive clothes.
- Santorini Sun Body Shimmer Cream: A rich yellow-golden toned light brown shimmering cream that smells warmly of caramel. Also see Our Beauty Philosophy's Exclusive Interview with Paula Theodore the founder of Santorini Sun.
- Sportsgirl Wash Off Bronzer: A milk chocolate bronzed brown shimmering cream that smells of summer flowers, enriched with shea butter and sweet almond oil.
- Garnier Ambre Solaire 24 Hour Tinted Moisturising Gel: Reddish aubbourn brown tinted moisturising gel bronzer with lovely shimmer cream. With deeply moisturising apricot-extract bronzing formula. Gels are thinner than creams so they are easier to glide on and it can also soak into the skin for a more natural looking tan. Smells rich, expensive and floral. Garnier Tinted Moisturisng Gel is the strongest scent and smells the most expensive.
If you want to have control over your tan colour, use a Gradual tanner as you can choose when to stop applying, and how dark you want your tan to go. Build up your tan at your own pace than only reapply to maintain tan.
- Santorini Sun Gradual Tan Moisturiser: Builds a tan gradually with their most popular formula that fades slowly, they believe it to be the longest lasting self tan lotion on the market! It also smells like buttery salted popcorn and caramel - Yum. Also see Our Beauty Philosophy's Exclusive Interview with Paula Theodore the founder of Santorini Sun.
Long lasting tans usually last up to 7 days!
- Le Tan Fast Tan Instant Foaming Mousse: A pleasant smelling, tinted caramel foam. Le Tans special blend of glycols enhances colour and dries quickly allowing streak-free application and an instant tan. Since it is a mousse, you don't have to worry about the fake tan running everywhere, as it sits together in a layer of foam, and once you spread it out, the formula soaks into your skin. It's a great, lovely colour to build up a natural looking tan and even great to use for those of you who are beginner tanners.
A layer of makeup can cover your skin, covering scars, body acne and blemishes; If you choose a tone darker then your skin you'll look instantly glowing!
- Australis Face & Body Tint: Is like applying a creamy layer of natural looking makeup to your body to cover and blend in imperfections. Since this formula lays on top of your skin like a foundation, it can be used on its own without other tanning products. This is quite a thick creamy consistency of makeup, so it is perfect for covering large areas and blemishes!